Reporters must be precise with their words, headlines, and URLs. They must understand that words have power and act responsibly. In doing so, reporters must verify the information they gather. This includes identifying information such as names and positions, but also includes factual statements and accounts. Reporters conduct their own fact checking using their own judgment guided by the ethics policy. INFOOBOX.COM will use fact checkers in certain circumstances it deems warranted.
- INFOOBOX is committed to doing its best to publish accurate information across all of its content. We take many steps to ensure accuracy: We investigate claims with scepticism; question assumptions; and challenge conventional wisdom.
- We are committed to achieving due accuracy in all its output. This commitment is fundamental to our reputation and the trust of audiences. The term ‘due’ means that the accuracy must be adequate and appropriate to the output, taking account of the subject and nature of the content and explicitly mention/underline any constraint that may influence that expectation.
- This means all our output, as appropriate to its content and nature, must be well-sourced, based on available evidence, and corroborated. We strive to be honest and open about what we don’t know and avoid unfounded speculation.
- Our journalists never plagiarize deliberately or distort facts or context, including visual information knowingly.
- We seek independent verification from sources to confirm claims, information, allegation, especially those made by public officials or anyone with an agenda beyond merely reporting the truth. Claims, allegations, material facts and other content that cannot be corroborated is normally be attributed.
- INFOOBOX stands by the information it publishes and deems it be accurate. If proven otherwise, we change the news item/information as quickly as possible. We do not knowingly and materially mislead our audiences. We do not distort facts, or present invented material as facts, that can undermine our audiences’ trust in our content. We acknowledge serious factual errors and correct them quickly, clearly and appropriately.
- We provide a fair opportunity for the public to report any inaccuracies or errors in our reportage via ‘Suggest A Correction’ section that appears at the end of every web-story that is published.
- Our journalists’ primary responsibility is reporting, writing, and fact-checking stories. Stories are subject to review by one or more editors. INFOOBOX has a multi-level fact-checking structure for stories that require due diligence. The seniority of editors who review a story prior to publication varies on a range of factors, including complexity, sensitivity, and the pressure of time.